This article covers how to install Timeshift on Debian 10 from its stable repositories. Timeshift brings the System Restore feature in Windows or the Time Machine tool in macOS to Linux.
How to Restore Ubuntu, Debian & Linux Mint from Snapshot using Timeshift ?
- To revert your system to Snapshot state, select the Snapshot you want to restore to and click the "Restore" tab on the top menu.
- This will ask you to "Select target device" and options for /boot and /home.
- Timeshift will Perform Dry run before doing the actual restore.
- Confirm Actions to initiate Snapshot restore process.
- Timeshift will start to sync Snapshot files to the root filesystem.
- The system should reboot after the process is completed.