This article covers how you can copy and paste text in the Linux Terminal. This saves the time that spends in typing the long commands and text.
When you enter a long command into the Terminal window that you found on the web or in a document, you can save yourself some time by easily copying and pasting the command at the prompt.
To Copy and Paste Text into the Linux Terminal:
1. To begin, highlight the text of the command you want on the webpage or in the document you found.
2. Press Ctrl + C to copy the text.
3. Press Ctrl + Alt + T to open a Terminal window, if one is not already open. Right-click at the prompt and select "Paste" from the popup menu.
4. The text you copied is pasted at the prompt.
5. Press Enter to execute the command.
6. You can also copy text from the Terminal window to paste into other programs.
7. Simply highlight the text, right-click on it, and select "Copy" from the popup menu.
You can paste this text into a text editor, word processor, and so on.