This article covers method to install Apache Solr on a Ubuntu 20.04 system. Once this search platform is installed on your Ubuntu 20.04 system, it will facilitate you with its exceptional search features.
To Access Apache Solr on Ubuntu:
You can access the Apache Solr web interface using the URL http://your-server-ip:8983/solr.
You should see the Apache Solr web interface.
To install Apache Solr 8.6 on Ubuntu 20.04:
1. You can update your system with the following command:
$ apt-get update -y
$ apt-get upgrade -y
2. Java must be installed in your system. If not installed you can install it by running the following command:
$ apt-get install default-jdk -y
3. After installing Java, you can verify the Java installation using the following command:
$ java -version
4. To get the latest version of Apache Solr is 8.6.0, You can download it with the following command:
$ wget https://archive.apache.org/dist/lucene/solr/8.6.0/solr-8.6.0.tgz
Once downloaded, extract the downloaded file with the following command:
$ tar xzf solr-8.6.0.tgz
5. Next, install the Apache Solr by executing the Solr installation script:
$ bash solr-8.6.0/bin/install_solr_service.sh solr-8.6.0.tgz
6. Apache Solr is installed and listening on port 8983.
You can verify it with the following command:
$ netstat -tunelp | grep 8983