This article covers how to conveniently install the Code::Blocks IDE on your Ubuntu 20.04 system.
After installing this IDE on your system, you can easily use it for C, C++, and FORTRAN development.
You can even uninstall it anytime you want and that too very cleanly by following the uninstallation method of the Code::Blocks IDE.
To Install Code::Blocks IDE using APT:
Code::Blocks IDE is available on Ubuntu repositories and can be installed with the APT command.
1. First update your system.
$ sudo apt update
2. To install codeblock on Ubuntu , run the following command.
$ sudo apt install codeblocks
3. When prompted to continue, just type 'Y' and press ENTER to proceed.
To Remove Code::Blocks IDE from Linux system:
1. To remove codeblocks from ubuntu, run the following command.
$ sudo apt remove codeblocks
2. To complete remove codeblock and its associated configurations, run the following two commands.
$ sudo apt purge codeblocks
$ sudo apt autoremove