This article covers how to perform Docker installation and Configuration. Also, you will learn how to install Docker CE on the CentOS 8 system. Docker container technology allows you to run applications in a specific and isolated environment.
Docker Community Edition (CE) is the new name for the free Docker product.
To Install Docker CE on Linux:
1. Remove all existing docker applications (that might currently be installed) in order to make sure we are using a clean installation.:
# yum remove docker docker-client docker-client-latest docker-common docker-latest docker-latest-logrotate docker-logrotate docker-engine
2. Add an external repository that will help us obtain the Docker software:
# dnf config-manager --add-repo=https://download.docker.com/linux/centos/docker-ce.repo
3. Check what versions of docker we have in the repository:
# dnf list docker-ce
4. Install the version that best matches our CentOS server version:
# dnf install docker-ce --nobest
5. We can double-check if the installation was successful by using the version command:
# docker -v