This article covers how to install the Pepper Flash plugin for the Mozilla Firefox browser on Ubuntu 20.04. After the successful installation of this plugin, we can easily use it for enjoying feature-rich content while browsing.
We have also shared with you the method of removing this plugin from your system whenever you feel like it at the end of this guide.
How can I install Pepper Flash Player on Ubuntu?
How can I setup Flash Player for Chromium web browser on Ubuntu?
Pepper Flash Player is maintained by Google and is newer than Adobe Flash Player.
Pepper Flash Player can be used with Chromium web browser.
The Pepper Flash Player is available on the Canonical Partners Repository.
This repository is disabled by default on Ubuntu .
1. Enable it by running the command:
$ sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://archive.canonical.com/ $(lsb_release -sc) partner"
2. Then, Update your package list after enabling the repository
$ sudo apt update
3. You can then install Pepper Flash Player in your Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop.
$ sudo apt -y install pepperflashplugin-nonfree
4. To update Pepperflash, use:
$ sudo update-pepperflashplugin-nonfree --install
5. After the installation of Pepper Flash Player on Ubuntu, make sure Flash is allowed to run in: