This article covers how you can easily install the Protobuf library on your Linux Mint 20 system. In fact, Protocol Buffer, abbreviated as Protobuf, is an open source library developed by Google that allows to serialize or deserialize structured data. It is basically used to communicate with one another over a network and to store data when building applications.
How to Install Protobuf Using Command Line on Ubuntu ?
1. Update all the previous packages installed on your system:
$ sudo apt update
2. Now to install Protobuf compiler on your Ubuntu system, run the below mentioned command:
$ sudo apt install protobuf-compiler
How to Remove Protobuf from Ubuntu System using software center ?
1. Open the ubuntu software manager and click on installed tab.
2. Now search for "Protobuf" from the list of apps and click on "Remove" button in front of it.
3. A permission dialogue box will get open click on "Remove" to uninstall the application.
And now protobuf will be uninstalled successfully and no longer exist in the list.