This article will guide you on how to work with #XAMPP in Linux Mint 20. This will help you to easily host your #applications on this server. With this, you can create a simple PHP application, however, you can even choose to create applications with complex functionality that are not essentially written in #PHP but can also be written in Perl or #MySQL.
XAMPP is a powerful and versatile solution for setting up a local web server. It presents a perfect way to create an environment for basic #WordPress coding, experimenting with multisite settings, tweaking #themes, and much more.
To run xampp on Linux:
1. Install gnome-panel to be able to create launcher.
2. Run the below command to execute the Create Launcher Application.
3. The "create launcher" window pops up and select “Application” as the Type.
4. Enter for example "XAMPP starter" as the Name.
5. Enter "sudo /opt/lampp/lampp start" into the Command Box.
To Remove Xampp from Linux (Ubuntu):
i. >sudo /opt/lampp/uninstall.
ii. Alternatively > sudo -i cd /opt/lampp ./uninstall.
iii. > sudo rm -r /opt/lampp.