This article covers how to perform the installation of the latest version of OpenOffice on the Ubuntu 20.04 system. Once installed users can easily use this application suite to make use of the different sub-modules.
Apache OpenOffice is a free and open-source office productivity software suite similar to LibreOffice and Microsoft Office suite.
Main features of Apache OpenOffice:
1. Writer a word processor you can use for anything from writing a quick letter to producing an entire book.
2. Calc a powerful spreadsheet with all the tools you need to calculate, analyze, and present your data in numerical reports or sizzling graphics.
3. Impress the fastest, most powerful way to create effective multimedia presentations.
4. Draw lets you produce everything from simple diagrams to dynamic 3D illustrations.
5. Base lets you manipulate databases seamlessly. Create and modify tables, forms, queries, and reports, all from within Apache OpenOffice.
6. Math lets you create mathematical equations with a graphic user interface or by directly typing your formulas into the equation editor.
To Uninstall LibreOffice on Ubuntu:
1. Uninstall LibreOffice on Ubuntu by running commands below in your terminal.
$ sudo apt-get remove --purge libreoffice*
This will remove LibreOffice and its dependencies.
2. Next is to clear out the local repository of LibreOffice packages.
$ sudo apt clean
3. Clear all LibreOffice dependencies that are orphaned – no longer required.
$ sudo apt-get autoremove