This article covers how to install the Psensor Temperature Monitoring Application on the Ubuntu machine through the command line and graphically.
psensor can monitor:
- the temperature of the motherboard and CPU sensors (using lm-sensors).
- the temperature of the NVidia GPUs (using XNVCtrl).
- the temperature of the Hard Disk Drives (using hddtemp or atasmart lib).
- the rotation speed of the fans (using lm-sensors).
- the sensors of a remote computer (using psensor-server).
How to Install psensor Using apt on Ubuntu Linux system ?
Update apt database with apt using the following command:
$ sudo apt update
After updating apt database, We can install psensor using apt by running the following command:
$ sudo apt -y install psensor