This article covers how to install the synaptic package manager on a Linux distribution of your choice and hence make the package management process all the more easier.
Synaptic is a lightweight GUI front end to apt package management system used in Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint and many other Debian/Ubuntu based distributions.
Main Features of Synaptic Package Manager:
1. install, remove, and upgrade packages.
2. upgrade your whole system.
3. search and filter the list of available packages.
4. perform smart system upgrades.
5. fix broken package dependencies.
6. edit the list of used repositories (sources.list).