This article covers how to install Tig on your Ubuntu 20.04 system and hence interacting with Git all the more efficiently.
However, you can get rid of this utility any time you want by following the uninstallation procedure that we have shared with you in this guide.
Tig is a text-mode interface for git. It mainly serves as a Git repository browser. It can also assist in staging changes for commit at the chunk level.
Features of Tig:
1. Browses the commits in the current branch
2. Displays the commits for one or more specific branches
3. Compares two branches
4. Helps to see the changes for a single file
5. Displays the list of stashes
6. Shows references for branches, tags and remotes
To install tig on Ubuntu:
1. First update the system, run:
# sudo apt update
2. To install tig on ubuntu, run:
# sudo apt install tig
To uninstall tig on Ubuntu:
To completely remove tig from your Ubuntu machine, type;
# sudo apt remove tig -y