This article covers a few basic examples of the touch command. For more information use 'man touch' to view the manual page. In fact, the touch command is a standard command used in UNIX/Linux operating system which is used to create, change and modify timestamps of a file.
Touch Command Options
- -a to change the access time only.
- -c if the file does not exist, do not create it.
- -d to update the access and modification times.
- -m to change the modification time only.
- -r to use the access and modification times of file.
- -t creates a file using a specified time.