This article covers how to install the Wireshark network analyzer tool on CentOS 8 system. Once Wireshark installed on your system, you can capture incoming and outgoing data packets over the network. Wireshark is free & Open source network packet analyzer that is used for network analysis, troubleshooting, etc. Wireshark is a cross-platform software that is available for various Linux/UNIX distributions, Mac-OS, Solaris, BSD & Windows, etc. It uses GTK to implement user interface & captures packets using PCAP. For additional help or useful information, we recommend you to check the official Wireshark website.
To Install package called Whireshark using the dnf command. For a GUI Wireshark application execute:
# dnf install wireshark
To install Wireshark command line tool only execute:
# dnf install wireshark-cli
Features of Wireshark includes:
- Live packet capture & offline analysis.
- A number of display filters.
- Support for hundreds of protocol.
- Rich VOIP analysis.
- Read/write feature various file formats.
- Live data can be read from ethernet port, Bluetooth, USB, Token rings tec.