This article covers how to install the Mozilla Firefox browser on the Ubuntu system. Mozilla Firefox is the official Internet browser for Ubuntu, therefore, most Ubuntu distros have it installed by default.
If your system lacks this browser due to any reason or if you have accidentally deleted it, we will tell you how to install it on your Ubuntu.
To update Firefox on Linux:
1. Click the menu button , click. Help and select About Firefox. On the menu bar click the Firefox menu and select About Firefox.
2. The About Mozilla Firefox Firefox window opens. Firefox will check for updates and download them automatically.
3. When the download is complete, click Restart to update Firefox.
To Delete Firefox and all it's data from Ubuntu:
1. run sudo apt-get purge firefox.
2. Delete /etc/firefox/ , this is where your preferences and user-profiles are stored.
3. Delete /usr/lib/firefox/ should it still be there.
4. Delete /usr/lib/firefox-addons/ should it still be there.