Sometimes while you are browsing Google Chrome, you are presented with different ads. Some of them are quite meaningful and informative, however, there are some ads that can be intrusive or misleading. In the latter case, what you want is to get rid of those ads as soon as possible.
Here at LinuxAPT, we shall look into the procedure of removing the unwanted ads from Google Chrome using a Ubuntu 20.04 system.
Steps to remove the Unwanted Ads from Google Chrome on Ubuntu 20.04
1. Click on Google Chrome's Kebab Menu Icon
After launching Google Chrome on your Linux Mint 20 machine, you need to click on the Kebab Menu icon present on the welcome screen.
2. Choose the Settings Option from this Menu
Then, you need to select the Settings option from the Kebab Menu.
3. Launch the Navigation Drawer of the Settings Window
After that, you need to launch the navigation drawer present on the Settings window by clicking on its icon.
4. Select the Security and Privacy Settings
Then, you need to select the Security and Privacy settings.
5. Choose the Site Settings Tab
You are then supposed to click on the Site Settings tab.
6. Head on to the Additional Content Settings for Accessing the Ads Option
Within the Site Settings tab, you need to go all the way down to the Additional Content Settings section and then click on the Ads option.
7. Block all the Unwanted Ads from Google Chrome:
Finally, you need to select the radio button with the label "Block ads on sites that show intrusive or misleading ads" and you will instantly get rid of the unwanted ads presented to you by the Google Chrome browser.
[Need help in fixing Technical issues ? We can help you. ]