Cookies are referred as the entities that can capture your browsing patterns, your login information, your shopping history and all other stuff like that. After that, these cookies are used by the websites for personalizing your browsing experience hence delivering a customized service. The Google Chrome browser also allows you to enable or disable the cookies as per your needs.
Here at LinuxAPT, we shall look into how to enable the cookies on Google Chrome on a Debian 11 system.
Steps to enable the Cookies on Google Chrome on Debian 11
1. Launch the Google Chrome Browser on Debian 11
You can easily launch the Google Chrome browser if it is installed on your Debian 11 system. Google Chrome can be conveniently downloaded on a Linux Mint 20 system via its official site: www.google.com/chrome/
2. Access the Kebab Menu of Google Chrome
After launching Google Chrome on your system, the next thing that you need to do is to click on the three dots also known as the Kebab Menu of Google Chrome.
3. Access the Settings of Google Chrome from the Kebab Menu
From the Kebab Menu of Google Chrome, you need to click on the Settings option.
4. Expand the Navigation Drawer of the Settings Window
Soon after you are being navigated to the Settings window of Google Chrome, you need to expand the navigation drawer present over there by clicking on its icon.
5. Select the Security and Privacy Settings from the Navigation Drawer
Then, from the navigation drawer of the Settings window, you need to click on the Security and Privacy settings.
6. Navigate to the Cookies and Other Site Data Tab
Within the Security and Privacy settings of Google Chrome, you need to navigate to the Cookies and Other Site Data tab.
7. Enable the Cookies on Google Chrome
Finally, you need to enable the radio button saying, "Allow all cookies" to enable the cookies on Google Chrome on your Linux Mint 20 system. From here, you will also be able to read about all the benefits that you can enjoy once you will enable the cookies on Google Chrome.
[Need support in fixing Technical issues ? We can help you. ]
This article covers the procedure of enabling the cookies on Google Chrome on a Linux Mint 20 system. In fact, you will be able to enable the cookies of your Google Chrome browser instantly and hence you will be able to personalize your browsing experience in a better way.
How to Turn cookies on or off on a browser (like Chrome or Safari) ?
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More More and then Settings.
- Under "Privacy and security", click Site settings.
- Click Cookies.
- From here, you can: Turn on cookies: Next to "Blocked," turn on the switch and Turn off cookies: Turn off Allow sites to save and read cookie data.
Why cookies are helpful on Google Chrome ?
Cookies are files created by sites you visit. They make your online experience easier by saving browsing information. With cookies, sites can:
- Keep you signed in.
- Remember your site preferences.
- Give you locally relevant content.