Because of the easier accessibility of the Internet all across the globe and the growing knowledge of the web among the users, some people have developed such websites that can contain potentially dangerous, harmful, or misleading content. Visiting such websites can lead you to compromise your personal data as well as breach the security of your device. Therefore, it is highly advisable to block all such websites on your web browser.
Here at LinuxAPT, we shall look into the procedure of blocking dangerous websites while using Google Chrome on a Linux Mint 20 system.
Steps to block Dangerous Websites on Google Chrome in Linux Mint 20
1. Access the Security and Privacy Settings of Google Chrome
- First, you need to navigate to the Security and Privacy settings of Google Chrome. For that, you need to click on the Kebab Menu icon of Google Chrome.
- From that menu, you need to click on the Settings option.
- Then, you need to click on the navigation drawer icon from the Settings window.
- Now, you need to click on the Security and Privacy settings tab from the navigation drawer.
2. Navigate to the Security Tab from the Security and Privacy Settings of Google Chrome
Then, you need to navigate to the Security tab of the Security and Privacy section of the Settings window by clicking on it.
3. Select the Enhanced Protection Option from the Safe Browsing Section for Blocking the Dangerous Websites on Google Chrome
From the Security tab of the Settings window, you need to navigate to the Safe Browsing section and then choose the Enhanced Protection radio button for blocking the potentially dangerous websites on Google Chrome in Linux Mint 20.
[Need help in fixing Technical issues ? We can help you. ]