Based upon your usage patterns and your saved data, Google Chrome offers you to autofill certain fields for you while browsing.
For example, if you have saved the login information of a particular website on your Google Chrome browser, then the next time you will attempt to access that website, your browser will offer you to autofill that login information for you.
In this way, Google Chrome saves your precious time that could have been consumed in filling out the same fields repeatedly. However, you can adjust the different Autofill settings of Google Chrome according to your needs.
Here at LinuxAPT, we shall look into the process of changing the Autofill settings in Google Chrome.
Steps to change the Autofill Settings in Google Chrome
1. Launch the Google Chrome's Settings Window
You have to launch the Google Chrome's Settings window first by clicking on the Kebab Menu icon on Google Chrome's welcome screen and then selecting the Settings option from it.
2. Access the Autofill Settings of Google Chrome
Then, from the Settings navigation drawer of the Settings window of Google Chrome, you have to select the Autofill tab.
The Autofill settings of Google Chrome are divided into three different categories.
3. Change the Relevant Autofill Settings according to your Needs
From each of these Autofill settings, you can choose the relevant category and modify it according to your needs.
- For example, if you want to modify the Passwords Autofill settings, then you will have to click on the Passwords tab.
- The different Autofill settings for the Passwords in Google Chrome.
- From here, you can modify these settings just the way you like.
- If you want to change the Payment methods Autofill settings, then you will have to click on the Payment methods tab. All the Payment methods Autofill settings.
- Similarly, if you want to change the Addresses Autofill settings of Google Chrome, then you will have to click on the Addresses tab.
- The different Autofill settings for the Addresses in Google Chrome.
[Need help in fixing Technical issues ? We can help you. ]
This article covers the method of changing the Autofill settings of Google Chrome.
How to turn Off Autofill in Chrome ?
- Click the Chrome menu icon. (Three dots at top right of screen.)
- Click on Settings.
- In the "Autofill" section, expand the area for which you wish to disable Autofill.
- Toggle the setting OFF if it is on. The system will automatically save your settings.