Sometimes, you will notice that the browser version that you are running does not support Java. Because of this, it gets impossible to run those web pages that are written in Java or contain Java applets. However, Google Chrome allows you to enable Java on it manually.
Here at LinuxAPT, we shall look into the method of enabling Java on Google Chrome.
Steps to Enable Java on Google Chrome
1. Access the Extensions of Google Chrome
First, you need to visit the Settings navigation drawer of Google Chrome and from there, you need to select the Extensions option.
2. Launch the Chrome Web Store
Then, in the Extensions window of Google Chrome, you need to select the Open Chrome Web Store tab from its navigation drawer.
3. Add the CheerpJ Applet Runner Extension to Google Chrome
- From the Chrome Web Store's search bar, you need to search for the CheerpJ Applet Runner extension and click on it.
- Then, you need to click on the CheerpJ Applet Runner extension's link.
- After that, you need to click on the Add to Chrome button located besides the extension's name for adding the CheerpJ Applet Runner to Google Chrome.
- You will be asked to confirm this action by clicking on the Add extension button.
- Once the CheerpJ Applet Runner extension will be added to Google Chrome successfully, you will receive the "CheerpJ Applet Runner has been added to Chrome" message on your browser.
- After adding this extension to Google Chrome, Java will be automatically enabled on your browser and you will be able to run all those web pages without any difficulty that contain Java applets.
[Need help in fixing Technical issues ? We can help you. ]