Google Chrome is such an exceptional web browser that once you download it and start using it on your desired operating system, your browsing experience gets all the more easier and convenient. This browser also allows us to auto-complete our searches based upon the trending searches as well as the URLs that we have previously visited. However, some users prefer to complete these searches by typing in everything on their own.
Here at LinuxAPT, we shall look into the procedure of turning off the auto-completion of the searches on Google Chrome.
Steps to turn off the Auto-Completion of the Searches on Google Chrome
1. Access the Sync and Google Services Settings of Google Chrome
You need to go to the Settings page of Google Chrome and click on the Sync and Google services tab from this page.
2. Turn off the Auto-Completion of the Searches on Google Chrome
- By performing the above-mentioned step, you will be navigated to the Other Google services settings.
- From here, you need to locate the setting saying, "Autocomplete searches and URLs" and turn off the associated toggle button.
- This in turn will disable the auto-completion of the searches on Google Chrome based upon trending searches or your previously viewed pages.
[Need help in fixing Technical issues ? We can help you. ]
This article covers how you can turn off the auto-completion of the searches on Google Chrome instantly. In fact, you can use this feature by simply turning on the toggle button that you turned off.
How to clear Autofill Data in Chrome ?
- Click the Chrome menu icon. (Three dots at top right of screen.)
- Click on History, then click on History again in the menu that appears.
- Select Clear browsing data.
- (Alternatively, you can press CTRL+SHIFT+DEL on your keyboard to bypass steps 1-3.)
- If it is not already selected, click on the "Advanced" tab.
- At the top, choose “All Time” option to clear all saved data.
- Make sure that the “Autofill Form Data” option is checked. If you wish to clear "Passwords and other sign-in data", be sure to check that option as well.
- Click "Clear Data."