The Google Chrome browser has a feature of creating shortcuts of all those websites on its Home page that you visit most often. It does this so that you can access these pages easily with a single click without having to type in their URLs, again and again, every time you want to visit them. However, these shortcuts make your Google Chrome Home page look overcrowded and you might not want to see it that way.
Here at LinuxAPT, we shall look into the procedure of removing the shortcuts formed on the Google Chrome's Home page.
Steps to Removing the Shortcuts on Google Chrome
1. Select the Customize Chrome Option from Google Chrome's Home Screen
You need to launch Google Chrome and then click on the Customize Chrome button located at the bottom right corner of its Home page.
2. Move to the Shortcuts Tab of Google Chrome
Then, from the window that appears, you have to click on the Shortcuts tab.
3. Hide the Shortcuts on Google Chrome
The contents of the Shortcuts tab of Google Chrome will be displayed. From here, you need to scroll down to the Hide shortcuts option and turn on the given toggle button.
After turning on this toggle button, you need to click on the Done button for confirming this action.
4. Verify if all the Shortcuts have been removed from Google Chrome's Home Screen or not
Now, for verifying if all the shortcuts have been removed successfully from Google Chrome or not, you need to visit its Home page again. Here, you will not be able to able to see any shortcuts.
[Need help in fixing Technical issues ? We can help you. ]
This article covers the complete procedure of removing the shortcuts on Google Chrome. In fact, you can make the Home page of your browser look neat and clean.
How to Hide New Tab Shortcuts on Google Chrome ?
When you open a new tab page in Chrome, you'll see shortcuts to websites you frequently visit under the search bar. If you don’t want those to appear, your best bet is to hide them. Here's how:
- Open a new tab in Chrome.
- Click Customize Chrome on the lower right.
- Click Shortcuts.
- Toggle on Hide shortcuts.
- Click Done to save. Then when you open a new tab, you'll see not much more than the Google search bar.