Note-taking is not just a necessity, but it is also an art. To make this artistic activity an absolute love, a user needs the right platform. For Debian users, we have a very nice application to make use of it. The FeatherNotes is more than just notes. It works flawlessly on Debian Linux systems.
Here at LinuxAPT, we shall look into steps to install FeatherNotes on your Debian 11 Linux system.
Main features of FeatherNotes includes:
- Support for rich text formatting, image embedding and inserting editable tables;
- Drag-and-drop capability for moving nodes and also for embedding images;
- A tray icon for quick access on any desktop;
- Correct position/size saving and restoring with most window managers;
- Compact but complete search and replacement widgets;
- The ability to include searchable tags (hidden info on each node);
- Support for optional node icons;
- Support for local and remote hyperlinks (bookmarks);
- Text zooming;
- Printing and exporting to HTML and PDF;
- Password protection;
- Optional spell checking with Hunspell (if enabled at compilation time);
- macOS support (by Pavel Shlyak);
Steps to install FeatherNotes on your Debian Linux system
1. Perform System Update
Start by updating the system via the below commands:
$ sudo apt update
$ sudo apt dist-upgrade
2. Install FeatherNotes using Debian Repositories on the system
Now, the below command to install FeatherNotes:
$ sudo apt install feathernotes
3. Verify FeatherNotes Installation
To make sure that we have access to the FeatherNotes package, we can cross-verify it using both the command line and the GUI. Use the following command to verify the availability of FeatherNotes on Debian 11:
$ feathernotes --version
The graphical user interface method is even simpler. You will need to search in your system dashboard and try to locate the FeatherNotes package.
How to Launch FeatherNotes on Debian 11 ?
You can use both the command line and graphical user interface to run FeatherNotes.
Once you locate the package name, click and launch.
How to uninstall FeatherNotes from Debian 11 ?
To uninstall only the feathernotes package we can use the following command:
$ sudo apt-get remove feathernotes
We can use the following command to remove feathernotes configurations, data and all of its dependencies, we can use the following command:
$ sudo apt-get -y autoremove --purge feathernotes
[Need help in fixing Debian Linux system ? We can help you. ]