PDF is the most preferred format when it comes to downloading, printing, and exchanging documents. Foxit Reader is a free, easy-to-use, and multi-platform PDF Reader that allows you to read, edit, print, sign, and share PDF files.
Here at LinuxAPT, we shall look into how to install Foxit Reader on openSUSE Leap 15.3.
You may also visit our post on how to install Foxit Reader on CentOS: https://linuxapt.com/blog/940-install-foxit-reader-on-centos
Steps to install Foxit Reader on openSUSE
1. Go to Foxit official website and download the Foxit Reader package for Linux OS (32-bit or 64-bit). Or execute the below command to download Foxit Reader:
$ wget https://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/pub/foxit/reader/desktop/linux/2.x/2.4/en_us/FoxitReader.enu.setup.2.4.4.0911.x64.run.tar.gz
The downloaded file will be saved as FoxitReader.enu.setup.2.4.4.0911.x64.run.tar.gz.
2. Execute the below command to extract the tar file:
$ tar -zxf FoxitReader.enu.setup.2.4.4.0911.x64.run.tar.gz
3. To verify if the file has been extracted, execute the below command:
In the output, you will find the extracted file as well as the tar file.
4. Now in order to install the Foxit Reader, you will need to run the installer file. You can run the installer file by either double-clicking the FoxitReader.enu.setup.2.4.4.0911.x64.run file or by executing the below command:
$ ./ FoxitReader.enu.setup.2.4.4.0911.x64.run.tar.gz
This will launch the following installer. Enter the path where you want to install Foxit Reader or you can also leave the default path selected and click Next.
Choose "I accept the license" and click Next.
Now the installation of Foxit Reader will be started.
Once Foxit reader is installed, you will see the "Completing the Foxit Reader Wizard" window displaying the path where Foxit is installed. Click Finish to close the installer.
5. After installation, you can launch the Foxit Reader from the applications menu.
Now you can start using Foxit Reader on your openSUSE machine.
How to uninstall Foxit Reader from openSUSE linux system ?
In case you need to uninstall Foxit Reader from your openSUSE machine, you can do it as follows:
Launch the Terminal and navigate to the installation path of Foxit:
$ cd ~/opt/foxitsoftware/foxitreader/
Now in order to uninstall Foxit Reader, execute the below command:
It will open the "Maintain Foxit Reader" window. Click Uninstall to remove the Foxit Reader from your system.
Once done, click Finish to close the window.
[Need help in fixing Linux system issues ? We can help you. ]