FreeRADIUS is one of the most extensively used servers. This server is used by millions of Internet users on a daily basis for authentication and authorization. It simplifies the overall process of adding and deleting users to and from a network.
Here at LinuxAPT, we shall look into how to install the FreeRADIUS server on a Linux Mint 20.3 machine.
FreeRADIUS is a high-performance RADIUS server with support for:
- Authentication by local files, SQL, Kerberos, LDAP, PAM, and more.
- Powerful policy configuration language.
- Proxying and replicating requests by any criteria.
- Support for many EAP types; TLS, PEAP, TTLS, etc.
- Many vendor-specific attributes.
- Regexp matching in string attributes.
Steps to install FreeRADIUS on Linux Mint 20.3
1. Perform System Update
To begin, make sure that all your system packages are up-to-date by running the following apt commands in the terminal:
$ sudo apt update
$ sudo apt upgrade
2. Install FreeRADIUS on the system
Now with the system's Snap Daemon, you can install FreeRADIUS by running the below command:
$ sudo snap install freeradius-server --edge
However, even after installing the FreeRADIUS server on Linux Mint 20.3, you still need to do some very extensive configurations.
How to uninstall FreeRADIUS from Linux Mint 20.3 ?
You can uninstall the FreeRADIUS server from your system at any time just by running the following command:
$ sudo snap remove freeradius-server
[Need help in fixing Linux system issues ? We can help you. ]