Converseen is an open-source application that provides batch image processing along with multiple editing options and conversion with the support of 100+ formats.
Conversion and basic editing of a few images is a simple task, made easy thanks to many different tools. But what if you are dealing with more than a few images, You would have to process them one by one which would be very tedious. Another option is to process them in batches but not many tools provide such features.
Here at LinuxAPT, as part of our Server Management Services, we regularly help our Customers to configure Open-source Software tasks on any Linux system.
In this context, we shall look into how to configure converseen on Ubuntu 20.04 system.
Before proceeding with this Installation procedure, ensure that you are using a user account with sudo privileges.
How to Install Converseen ?
Most Linux distributions come with the Converseen package in their default repositories. So you can simply install it through its apt package.
But before doing that it is advised to enable the Universe repository on your system.
To enable the Universe repository, run the following command:
$ sudo add-apt-repository universe
Now, you can install Converseen by running the following command in the Terminal:
$ sudo apt install converseen
After installation, You can search and open it from Activities.
How to Batch Process Images With Converseen ?
Converseen allows batch processing which means you can perform editing and conversion on multiple images at the same time.
To batch process images:
- First import images from the Add images button in the options bar.
- You will be prompted to add images, navigate to your image folder and select the images you want to process, and press open.
- Once you have imported the images into converseen, you can further select among these images for editing and conversion through the checkbox in front of them or from the Check and Check all from the options bar.
- Now, You can edit or convert images by selecting options in the Actions Panel and Conversion Formats panel.
- Select the destination folder for your images through the Output options in the Actions Panel.
- Once you are done, You can finally start the image processing by clicking on Convert in the options bar.
Image Processing Options of Converseen
Converseen editing and conversion are implemented through the Actions Panel and Conversion Formats panel.
Resize, Rotate, and Flip Image in Converseen
To resize your images, Go to the Dimension tab in the Actions Panel and check the scale image or Resolution checkbox according to your preference. Now adjust the size through the available options.
Similarly, you can flip and rotate your images through the Rotate and flip tab in the Actions Panel.
How to rename Images in Converseen ?
You can rename multiple images according to suffix or prefix or add a progressive number in a name by checking the Rename in the Actions Panel.
How to replace Background from Images in Converseen ?
You can replace the transparent background from your images with your selected color from the Replace transparent background option in the Conversion Formats panel.
How to Convert Image Format in Converseen ?
Go to the Conversion Formats>Convert to option and select your desired format from the dropdown.
You can also scale the compression of your image from the Image settings option.
[Need assistance in fixing Linux system Installation issues ? We can help you. ]