This article covers how to install Krita on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. In fact, Krita is a professional painting tool.
Benefits of Krita ?
Krita is a free and powerful painting software developed by KDE. It offers numerous features that make it ideal for digital painting. Effects and filters for image processing, textures for rendering, vector art support, and support for layer management are only some of the features from the long list that Krita possesses. It is therefore no wonder why Krita has emerged as one of the favorites of many visual creators and 2D/3D Artists.
How to install Krita and remove on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS:
1. Open command terminal on Ubuntu.
2. Run system update command: $ sudo apt update
The above command will make sure all the installed packages are up to date.
3. Now, run the command to install Krita open source painting software on Ubuntu 20.04 or 18.04 LTS:
$ sudo apt install krita
The above single command will install this digital drawing program from the official Ubuntu repository.
4. To run it, go to "Show Applications" and search for Krita.
As it appears, click on its icon to run it.
5. If later you don't want to use the graphics content creation program, then use the command to uninstall it:
$ sudo apt remove krita