- Linux Resources
This article covers how to Install NextCloud on Ubuntu 20.04 with Apache (LAMP Stack). You can now upload your files and collaborate with your team members on NextCloud. This way you have full control of your data.
Nextcloud, a fork of ownCloud, is a file sharing server that permits you to store your personal content, like documents and pictures, in a centralized location, much like Dropbox.
The difference with Nextcloud is that all of its features are open-source.
It also returns the control and security of your sensitive data back to you, thus eliminating the use of a third-party cloud hosting service.
To install Nextcloud on Ubuntu:
1. To download the Nextcloud snap package and install it on the system, type:
$ sudo snap install nextcloud
2. The Nextcloud package will be downloaded and installed on your server. You can confirm that the installation process was successful by listing the changes associated with the snap:
$ snap changes nextcloud
This article covers Abstract Factory design pattern in Python.
Basically, The Abstract Factory design pattern can also be used to create cross-platform UIs without coupling the client code to concrete UI classes and keeping all created views consistent with different operating systems.
Abstract Factory is a creational design pattern, which solves the problem of creating entire product families without specifying their concrete classes.
Abstract Factory Method is a Creational Design pattern that allows you to produce the families of related objects without specifying their concrete classes.
Using the abstract factory method, we have the easiest ways to produce a similar type of many objects.
It provides a way to encapsulate a group of individual factories.
Advantages of using Abstract Factory method:
This pattern is particularly useful when the client doesn’t know exactly what type to create.
1. It is easy to introduce the new variants of the products without breaking the existing client code.
2. Products which we are getting from factory are surely compatible with each other.
Disadvantages of using Abstract Factory method:
1. Our simple code may become complicated due to the existence of lot of classes.
2. We end up with huge number of small fies i.e, cluttering of files.
Examples of Factory pattern in Python:
1. With the Factory pattern, you produce instances of implementations (Apple, Banana, Cherry, etc.) of a particular interface -- say, IFruit.
2. With the Abstract Factory pattern, you provide a way for anyone to provide their own factory. This allows your warehouse to be either an IFruitFactory or an IJuiceFactory, without requiring your warehouse to know anything about fruits or juices.
This article covers the detailed examples used for combining the text files in Ubuntu 20.04 system using the CAT command.
Users can easily use these methods to merge text from multiple files and sort it into another file.
They can also append text from one file to another file using the Ubuntu terminal.
This article covers the different methods of installation of Slack on the Ubuntu 20.04 system in detail.
Slack is a well-known and modern communication tool used to organize various communications in channels so that teams can work together and communicate when needed.
Slack Installation on Ubuntu using Snap package:
1. Install snapd package in your system. write the appended command, and then hit enter.
$ sudo apt install snapd
2. If the latest apt is not installed in your system then try using apt-get update && apt-get upgrade to get all of the available updates.
3. You can install the slack by using affixed command. You need to type this command on the terminal then press enter.
$ sudo snap install slack --classic
This article covers how to install the Zabbix Agent on a Ubuntu 20.04 system very conveniently.
You can ensure the successful installation of the Zabbix Agent by checking its Active status on your system. However, you can also uninstall it anytime you want.
Zabbix agent is installed on the remote host (target) to monitor the hard drive, memory processor, etc. The agent collects data and sends back to Zabbix Server.
Zabbix agents can use passive or active checks to pass information.
In passive check, Zabbix server (poller) requests an agent for certain information, and the agent sends back a value.
In the active check, the agent process all data and pushes it to the Zabbix server.
However, agent periodically connects the server to collect metric which needs to be monitored.
To Configure Zabbix agent:
Make necessary changes on the Zabbix Agent configuration file "/etc/zabbix/zabbix_agentd.conf".
After making changes, Save the changes and exit the file.
Then restart Zabbix agent service to the changes to be effected.
$ sudo systemctl restart zabbix-agent
To Configure the firewall on Zabbix agent:
1. If you have UFW firewall enables, execute the commands:
$ sudo ufw allow 10050/tcp
2. Then reload the firewall
$ sudo ufw reload
3. And verify that the port has been opened or allowed on the firewall.
$ sudo ufw status
This article covers how to install Tig on your Ubuntu 20.04 system and hence interacting with Git all the more efficiently.
However, you can get rid of this utility any time you want by following the uninstallation procedure that we have shared with you in this guide.
Tig is a text-mode interface for git. It mainly serves as a Git repository browser. It can also assist in staging changes for commit at the chunk level.
Features of Tig:
1. Browses the commits in the current branch
2. Displays the commits for one or more specific branches
3. Compares two branches
4. Helps to see the changes for a single file
5. Displays the list of stashes
6. Shows references for branches, tags and remotes
To install tig on Ubuntu:
1. First update the system, run:
# sudo apt update
2. To install tig on ubuntu, run:
# sudo apt install tig
To uninstall tig on Ubuntu:
To completely remove tig from your Ubuntu machine, type;
# sudo apt remove tig -y