- Linux Resources
This article covers the process of installing HAProxy on your CentOS 8 systems. In fact, HAProxy is an open-source software widely used as a high availability load balancer and proxying TCP and HTTP connections.
This article covers the process of installing the Ionic Framework open-source antivirus engine in Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Focal Fossa system. In fact, Ionic provides a powerful command-line interface that can be used for creating a project with a simple command. Ionic supports Android, IOS and the Universal Windows Platform for developing app. Ionic uses Cardova plugins to access Camera, GPS and Flashlight.
This article covers the process of installing Steam on your CentOS 8 system. In fact, Steam is a very popular and widely used online gaming library among the gaming community. It provides thousands of games to play and lets you communicate with online players. It is available on many platforms and can be used in Linux as well.
How to Install Steam Using the Flatpak ?
1. Make sure that the epel repository is enabled on your CentOS 8:
$ sudo dnf install epel-release
2. And also, verify that system's repository is up to date by typing the command given below:
$ sudo dnf update
3. Make sure that Flatpak is installed on your CentOS 8 machine. It comes pre-installed on CentOS 8 and you can verify its installation by typing the below command:
$ flatpak --version
4. If Flatpak is not installed on your CentOS 8 system due to any reason, install it using the command below:
$ sudo dnf install flatpak
5. After installing Flatpak, type the command given below to add the flathub repository to your CentOS 8 system as well:
$ flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
6. You can install Steam on your CentOS 8 system by typing the command given below:
$ flatpak install flathub com.valvesoftware.Steam -y
The "-y" flag will automatically say yes whenever a prompt will occur to confirm the installation.
This article covers the process of installing HP's Linux Imaging and Printing software (HPLIP) on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Focal Fossa system. In fact, HPLIP is an open-source Linux drivers for HP’s inkjet and laser printers. The project is initiated and led by HP Inc.
This article covers the process of installing InfluxDB on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Focal Fossa system. In fact, InfluxDB is an open-source time-series database server that you can use to build Internet of Things (IoT) applications for data monitoring purposes which is built for developers and can handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by sensors and applications.
This article covers the process of installing Angular in Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Focal Fossa system. In fact, Angular is an open-source web application framework for building mobile and desktop web applications. It comes with an Angular CLI utility that helps you to create, manage, build and test Angular applications.