This article covers the complete process of installing MailSpring on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Focal Fossa system. In fact, Mailspring is a desktop email client with modern features like a unified inbox, snoozing, reminders, templates, offline search, and support for Gmail labels. It even has built-in "dark" and "ubuntu" themes so you can style it to match your desktop.
How to Install Mailspring on Ubuntu through GUI using Ubuntu Software Center ?
1. Click the Ubuntu Software Center icon located on your desktop.
2. Click the search icon to bring up the search box.
3. Type mailspring in the search box and hit Enter. After which, you will see the Mailspring application in the search results. Click the Mailspring application.
4. The Mailspring application installation view will show up on your screen. Click the Install button.
5. Now it will ask you for authentication. Provide the password for authentication. Then click Authenticate button.
6. After authentication, the installation will be started.
7. After the installation is completed, click the Launch button to open the Mailspring application.
8. You can also launch the Mailspring Email client from the Activities menu. Hit the super key to bring up the search bar. Type Mailspring in the search bar. The icon of the Mailspring application will now display on your screen. To open the Mailspring email client, simply click the icon.